Home Brewers – Learn the Pure Kombucha™ method in the comfort of your own kitchen with Pure Luck® – Kombucha School™.
Available only for a limited time in January, February and March 2020. If you live somewhere in between – Marin, San Rafael, Sausalito, Mill Valley, Larkspur, Corte Madera, Daily City, Palo Alto, Menlo Park and San Francisco City proper.
With this special limited time offer we bring the school to you! Book now this program is just for the Bay Area.
KOMBUCHA 101 – This 2.5 hour class for beginners will cover all the basics and provide everything needed to make kombucha at home. All you have to do is schedule a time and someone will come to you.
Topics covered include:
- History of kombucha
- Health benefits of kombucha
- Kombucha tasting, taste the flavors of Pure Luck®
- What is Pure Kombucha™
- Science behind the fermentation of kombucha
- Standard ratios of tea, sugar, water and starter culture to make kombucha
- Tea varieties, history and which teas work best
- Formula to estimate how much tea to use
- How to brew tea traditionally for the best taste
- Energy based tea brewing techniques
- How to choose the right water
- How water effects flavor and why
- Tips to make your kombucha smell and taste better
- How to care for your SCOBY
- SCOBY myths
- Ways to avoid mold
- How to identify mold
- How to use sugar alternatives like honey or maple syrup
- Second fermentation tips
Kombucha Kit includes:
- – French press
- – Organic sugar
- – Organic tea
- – SCOBY and starter culture
- – 4 Liter glass brewing jar
- – Cloth and rubber band